Thai Massage is a healing art that was first introduced in Thailand over two thousand years ago by ayurvedic doctors and buddhist monks. It combines passive stretches with the application of pressure, using hands, elbows and sometimes knees to obtain a more effective treatment .
Our thai massage certification is divided in a Beginners Program and an Advanced Program. Each of these has 2 levels (the entire course has 4 levels). You can take the entire course, one program or simpy a single level.
Those that complete the whole course will receive a 160 hours Thai Massage Certification from The Sunshine Network.
Each level includes
- Certificate of participation.
- Course manual, covering history, medicinal aspects and photographs and descriptions of the movements and positions.
- Yoga and meditation classes at Yoga Mandir for the duration of the course.
From Saturday to Thursday.
- 09:00 – 12:00 Instruction and massage practice
- 12:00 – 14:00 Lunch
- 12:15 – 13:30 Optional yoga practica
- 14:00 – 17:30 Massage practice
Fridays are rest days.
All yoga classes are optional, it’s recommended to practice at least once daily. There will be yoga classes for different levels, from beginners to advance practitioners.
Who this course is for
This course if for those who have no experience in physical therapy, and also for professionals in related fields, such as physical therapists, yoga instructors and masseuses.
August 21 to August 26
- Day 1: Feet and energy lines on the legs
- Day 2: One-leg exercises
- Day 3: Continuation
- Day 4: Side positions
- Day 5: Two legs exercises
- Day 6: Evaluation
August 28 to September 2
- Day 1: Back part of the body
- Day 2: Seated positions
- Day 3: Stomach, cheats, arms hand and fingers
- Day 4: Face theory and practice
- Day 5: Evaluation
- Day 6: Theory of the Ten Sen, main lines of the body, as well as therapy influenced by osteopathy
In this advanced course the classical method based on Asokananda and Piched and the faster intuitive movement based on Chaiyuth, are covered and learned.
Who this course is for
The advance course its for those who all ready had taken the beginners course (10 days) and practice Thai massage, an advance practice include more freedom, as well as intuitive practice.
September 4 to September 9
September 11 to September 16
Profesor: Itzhak Helman
Inicia sus estudios en el año 1997 cuando conoce a Asokananda, el maestro de mayor reconocimiento mundial de origen occidental[…] Seguir leyendo
How to pay
Make local bank transfers to:
Cuenta Banco Nacional Yoga Mandir,
cédula jurídica: 3-101-630604
IBAN CR97015108020011024678 colones
Debe enviar sus datos personales junto a su comprobante de pago a [email protected]
For international payments:
Nombre del Banco: Banco Nacional de Costa Rica
Dirección: San José, Costa Rica.
Nombre: Yoga Mandir
Número de Cuenta (dólares): 200-02-080-522022-3
Dirección: San Pedro de Montes de Oca, San José, Costa Rica.
IMPORTANTE: Para la transacción internacional, por favor incluir $30 adicionales para cubrir los gastos administrativos del banco.